Tibro Carpenter Axe
The Tibro Carpenter Axe from Hults Bruk is the classic carpenter’s axe, offering a narrow, long and perfectly straight knife-ground edge and a medium length handle for precise chopping and carving. The Tibro has an axe head weight of 1.75 lbs and a handle length of 20 inches.
Overall Weight: 2.75 lbs
Head Weight: 1.75 lbs
Handle Length: 20"
• The axe head is hand-forged and made from Swedish axe steel in a foundry that has been in operation since 1697.
• As part of the hand grinding production process, the steel is struck multiple times thereby increasing its density and resulting in more durability of the axe.
• The head is constructed in such a way that there is a tempered zone designed to hold a very sharp edge even after many sharpenings.
• The straight hickory handle is treated with linseed oil.
• Each axe comes with a traditional leather protective sheath that is embellished with some unique Swedish decorative elements. (Replacement sheaths are available) The axe is shipped in its own storage box and comes with a detailed users manual.